Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pimp My Blog

At first I was just testing out some features and messing around with the whole customization feature. I didn't want a background that other people would have so I uploaded a picture of my home city, Fall River, Massachusetts. I am proud to say I come from there, even though it's not the best city I am still glad that I've lived there. The background picture is the Battleship that is in Fall River, it is the largest historic naval ship exhibit. It is located under the Braga Bridge which is said to connect from Somerset to Azores.

At the top of my page I put a slideshow. There aren't many pictures in it yet but it just captures some of the memories I have had, including: My baby cousin Chloe, my high school senior trip to Disney, family functions, etc.

I wanted to use text that looked semi-professional and clean. One thing I do not like about this blog website is that it seems a lot like Myspace, which I am not a fan of. I based the color scheme off of the background image so it matched and didn't look sloppy.

One of the gadgets I added was my Twitter feed, just to give the readers some insight of to what I might be doing and things of that sort. I use Twitter more than any other social media program. I also implemented the Tetris game, a share button for Facebook and Twitter and ESPN updates. I put the Tetris game in there because in Television Class in high school everyone in the class would play Tetris when we didn't have work to do so I just though it would be fun to have on my blog.

I spent a lot of time just messing around with my blog, I didn't really go through a certain process, I just sort of used the trial and error method and kept changing things until I liked my page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment