Sunday, March 11, 2012

CBS Atlanta Critique

Facebook Page


The Facebook page of CBSAtlanta is very innovative.


I really like how they are constantly posting headlines. Not just informational bits, but actual pictures and links to other websites with additional information.


My favorite aspect of the Facebook page was how some statuses were asking a question. It is a great way to get information, people to interact, and see different views.


One negative thing is that: whoever is running the Facebook page should post follow up questions or interact with the viewers' comments.


Web Page


I am not a huge fan of the CBSAtlanta.com web page.


For one, the page seems very cluttered and there is so much text of different topics to read. There are also an absurd amount of links; maybe they could clean it up even more and organize it by categories (School, Sports, Govt, etc.).


One thing that I thought was rather cool, was that there was a weather app at the top of the screen that told you the temperature and other details.


I love the pictures that go along with the stories and I also love how some incorporate video. It maximizes the amount information being put out there.


One more thing I would like to say is that the amount of ads is unbearable. I feel like I had to pay attention  whenever I moved my mouse because I did not want to click on an ad and go to another site.

No comments:

Post a Comment